I believe that innovation is not about trying to do something that has never been done before, but rather identifying the most important questions in the field and endeavoring to answer them in a bold and unique way.
I'm a strategicallyminded product designer. I'm interested in developing bleeding edge technologies that will help to shape the future. I like joining projects on the ground floor, where I have the opportunity to research, and affect the core concept.
My background in is large-scale experiential installations, working with emerging technologies as a concept designer. I decided to enter the MHCI+D program at UW, because I'm interested working with emerging technologies, developing wide applications for those technologies and bringing them to market. I'm interested in public, private and industrial applications - basically, the more impact the product will have on any given industry, or society, the more irresistible I find the project. I enjoy working in highly collaboratively, multidisciplinary teams. I’m comfortable taking a leading role, and enjoy passing my knowledge on to the next generation of up-and-coming designers. I'm interested in combining user centered design with business strategy. I enjoy creating value for the companies I work with.
- Designing for the highest common denominator.
- Using consumer frustrations to generate ideas for product designs and improvements.
- Understanding social pressure and developing political situations in order to evolve or develop new products.
- Consumer empowerment.
- The importance of customer service / the company-user relationship.
- Ergonomic design.
- Affordability / fair pricing.
- I'm the Grandson of a prolific inventor.
- I like making playlists: https://open.spotify.com/user/andresalyer
- I have a passion for travel and intend on visiting every major country in the world.